Journal 5

 My early experiences of using Twitter and Instagram for my PLN have been very effective. Though I am not often on Twitter, Instagram is an app that I have used to connect with other teachers and students to gain more resources. In addition, a lot of the ads that I see on my page are educationally based, as Instagram recognizes my interests which helps me form a PLN. In the future, I plan to use these platforms more for educational purposes rather than entertainment, which most Gen Z's do. 

The digital divide may create division and barriers among teachers and students. Because teachers grew up with less access to technology, they have less experience and do not have the same knowledge of websites and other helpful technologies that Gen Z does know about. Often in elementary school, middle, and high school, my classmates and I would have to help our teachers with how to navigate their devices. This could often get frustrating and waste time in the classroom. 

Software tools have been very helpful and effective over my time being a student and a preschool teacher. Two of my favorites that I feel are very beneficial include Google Chrome and Safari. These are very similar and allow students or teachers to do research or ask the internet questions and find infinite answers in less than a second. I will continue to use these devices in the future as they are effective and can be accessed anywhere, including a computer or a phone. 

Comments

  1. Hi Emma :) I agree that there is a big digital divide between teachers and students. Hopefully we are more technologically literate once we're teaching, there's nothing worse than teaching a teacher how to navigate their own technology.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts