In terms of the use of copyright as a teacher, it is very important to be aware of what sources your information comes from as well as if you have gained permission to use it. Using someone else's work without giving them credit can end you up in jail. This is something to look out for when looking for worksheets, lesson plans, classroom decorations, etc. I would teach my students about this before assigning them work that requires them to use sources, as they would need to make sure to be aware of copyright. 
Cyberbullying is a huge problem in schools today. As children gain the ability to adapt to technological advances more easily, they start to feel more comfortable behind the screen, where their identity may be hidden. I would teach my students to only use their technology for educational purposes inside the classroom, and advise them to tell an adult immediately if they are experiencing this type of bullying, as it is very common. A simple solution would be less screen time.
I think that if AI is used effectively, it is fine. Meaning, AI should not be used for answers, but rather, used to check work or learn the correct way to solve a problem. In the teacher's case, I think it is more effective as it can create assignments and tests that cover all topics which is less time-consuming, and therefore, the teacher can spend more time lesson planning. The only concern with this is that it would get out of hand and AI would become too dependable. 
From the newsletter, I have learned many things. For example, how to work with Microsoft and navigate their platform. In addition, I got to use my imagination and get creative with themes, articles, graphics, and activities. Narrowing the age down to second grade, made it easier to identify the materials and topics that I will be covering in my classroom someday. I can use these skills to create future newsletters, lesson plans, worksheets, etc. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts