After going through and choosing an ELA standard along with a grade level, I chose second-grade vocabulary. When I looked further into it, I saw that not only does it involve knowing words and definitions, but spelling, writing, base words, affixes, context clues, word relationships, reference materials, and background knowledge. There is a lot that goes into which words are to be studied. Based on my current skill set, I believe I could implement these practices because I am familiar with most of the words and feel very comfortable using them in everyday language, which I could teach the students how to do. 

By looking at and analyzing the options for second-grade resources through the educator toolkit, I have learned and gained access to many different incorporations I could use in my classroom. These involve numerous numbers of activities all in different subjects. I chose to focus on physical education, as that was always my favorite subject as a second grader. Some of the standards I found were warm-ups and cool-downs, defining offense and defense, moderate exercise, and healthful benefits. These resources could be implemented into my lesson plans to ensure a safe and effective physical education. 

It is important to be a proficient internet searcher because as a teacher, you are not always going to have time to create and develop ideas. Instead, it is helpful to look for inspiration online as well as use different online resources, such as IReady or Reading Plus that students can use on their own time to enhance their reading skills or any other skills. I think the best skill is knowing how to use Google's advanced search and filter your options so that they appeal more to your needs. 

Comments

Popular Posts