Blog Journal 2-- Emma Serle

I have worked with MS Word mostly in High School, as that is when I became exposed to it. However, I prefer alternative document forms, for example, Google Docs. I have been working with Google Docs since Elementary school, so I am way more comfortable working and navigating it. Though I do think that MS Word is a great tool, I prefer Docs as it is more familiar to me. 

The ISTE Standard that stood out to me the most is that educators are leaders. I have always seen myself as a leader, serving as a role model for my two younger sisters, holding a position in the National Honor Society from my high school, being my soccer team captain, etc. I think that these positions have led me to want to be a leader both inside the classroom and outside. I want to impact children's lives and the next generation through my leadership. I have always viewed my teachers as leaders because of their classroom engagement and work ethic, and I am hoping this is who I will become. These are truly inspiring aspects of a leader which is why being a leader is the component that stands out the most to me. 

Personally, I feel as though the majority of them are fitting for today's youth. Terms are being normalized such as "Ipad kids," used to describe children who are attached to their screens or Ipads. This is something that has never been said or even thought about in the past. In addition, being exposed to devices from a young age causes children to be able to navigate their screens better than most adults can, causing the term "digital natives" to be true. Often, my peers in my classrooms would have to help my teachers navigate through their devices, showing that this generation is typically much more tech-savvy than any other. Overtime, there will be more technological advances which may cause the next generation to be more tech-savvy, causing our generation to have technological troubles. 

Comments

Popular Posts